Chiesa di S.Filippo Neri

This church is located in the hamlet (or “frazione”) called Colbottoni. The name of this hamlet derives its name from the Saxon name Botto dating back perhaps to the Early Middle Ages.

Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista

This church was rebuilt after the destruction of the older building, as attested by a brick on the outside wall, on which we read the date: 1611. Inside, behind the altar, is a painting depicting the Madonna and Child.

Edicola dell’Impollata

This is a well-preserved aedicula dedicated to the Virgin Mary. Inside a fresco depicting the Madonna with Child.

Chiesa di Monastero

This church is located in the hamlet of Monaster and is also known by the name of “Santa Maria in Insula”. Inside is a magnificent crypt featuring vaulted ceilings supported by nine columns and a pillar.

Monumento ai Caduti

This monument commemorates those who died in World War II.

Abbazia San Salvatore

This abbey has today lost its original characteristics since it has been rebuilt and restored many times. Inside the crypt a fresco depicting the Virgin with Child.

Chiesa S. Maria Ausiliatrice

Behind the altar of this church is the painting “Mater Misericordiae with knights” by Girolamo di Giovanni of Camerino (1400).

Chiesa di San Benedetto

This is ancient parish church, part of Montalto Castle, built before the year one thousand by the Benedictine monks, as attested by its name. Inside are some frescoes by Andrea de Magistris: the Mysteries of the Rosary (1526), the Virgin and Child and St. Anthony the Abbot (1544).

Castello di Montalto

Even before the year one thousand the lands of Montalto and Cessapalombo belonged to the Bendictine Abbey of Casauria. After the monks abandoned the place, in 1259 the castle is recorded as part of the Paganelli fiefdom.

Rocca Col di Pietra

These are the ruins of an ancient stronghold. It became a fortress after the year one thousand and later on it became property of the Varano family to serve their defence purposes.

Grotta dei Frati

The Grotta dei Frati (Friars’ Cave) is a small cavern where once Franciscan friars took refuge to escape persecutions.

Chiesa Parrocchiale di Cessapalombo “Sant’Andrea”

This is the parish church of Cessapalombo. Inside is a wooden statue representing the Virgin and called the “Madonna dell’Impollata” by unknown (thought talented) author.

torna all'inizio del contenuto
Questa è la sezione del sito istituzionale del Comune di Cessapalombo dedicata al turismo. Per le informazioni che riguardano l'Ente, vai alla home
Questo sito è realizzato da TASK secondo i principali canoni dell'accessibilità | Credits | Privacy | Note legali